SAP Business ByDesign is an affordable, easy-to-use cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution for fast-growing businesses. With SAP Business ByDesign, you can manage your entire business – including financials, human resources, customer relationship management (CRM), procurement, projects, and supply chain – from a single, unified solution.
Running SAP Business ByDesign in the cloud empowers your employees to work and collaborate anytime, anywhere. Every facet of SAP Business ByDesign adapts to the devices your team uses. Targeted apps simplify and streamline tasks like time and expense reporting, project management, and analytics. Powerful reporting delivers real-time information so you can make fast, confident decisions about your business’s future.
SAP Business ByDesign easily adapts to how you do business – not the other way around. As your organization grows, SAP Business ByDesign grows with you, offering various solution extensions. With rapid implementation and quarterly updates that don’t interfere with your operations, you’re free to focus on strategy, innovation, and growth. And because SAP Business ByDesign features APIs that allow easy integrations with custom solutions and pre-built connections such as Office 365, you’ll save time by eliminating repetitive data entry.
About Business ByDesign
SAP Business ByDesign Features
Value for Customers
About SAP Business ByDesign
The true value of SAP Business ByDesign for your growing business is that it’s extremely powerful but also easy to use. Your business is a team that must work together to serve customers. Everyone has a different job, but each job relies on information other functions have created or reported. Everyone needs a consistent view.
As you explore software, be sure to evaluate products that offer the features you need now – and the ones you anticipate the need for. SAP Business ByDesign is likely the right set of functionalities at the right price.
Here are several reasons to implement SAP Business ByDesign:
- Ability to adapt and extend the solution to meet your needs as your business grows
- Real-time information enables solid business decisions
- Business process automation saves time and increases productivity
- Ability to expand into new markets
- One centralized data source
- Reduced IT operating costs
- Secure operating environment to protect data privacy
- Automatic product updates consistently deliver the latest features and processes
SAP Business ByDesign Features
SAP Business ByDesign delivers pre-built processes for all your core business areas, so you can put 40 years of SAP business process experience to work for you and grow your business your way. These processes are based on best practices from thousands of companies like yours, allowing you to act quickly on opportunities to accelerate growth. This robust ERP solution will enable you to compete with businesses of all sizes – without the complexity and cost.
SAP Business ByDesign for Finance
Assess your financial performance in real-time, streamline your core accounting tasks, and get a handle on cash management and liquidity with SAP Business ByDesign.
- Financial and managerial accounting: Manage accounts for multiple operating units, currencies, and reporting standards.
- Cash flow management: Use customer and supplier transaction data to get real-time visibility into your cash position.
Take a look at this highlight video of finance functions such as organizational management system, the closing cockpit and the cost and revenue work center.
SAP Business ByDesign for Customer Relationship Management
Manage your marketing and sales activities and provide stellar customer service with SAP Business ByDesign.
- Marketing: Leverage personalized customer information for more meaningful campaigns, lead generation and qualification, and sales team handovers.
- Sales: Automate the sales process and improve account management, from contact interactions to invoicing.
- Service: Give your employees the tools and insights they need to deliver world-class service and delight customers.
SAP Business ByDesign for Human Resources
Simplify complex human resources processes like organization management, workforce administration, time and attendance, and employee self-service with SAP Business ByDesign.
- Onboarding: Streamline employee onboarding and give employees and managers easy access to information.
- Time, attendance, and labor management: Manage time, labor, and compensation more efficiently with centralized data and self-service processes.
- HR self-services: Equip your employees with self-service convenience for time sheets, procurement processes, and personal information.
- Payroll: Facilitate payroll processing and use interfaces for third-party payroll providers.
- Requests and approvals: Establish and monitor policy-compliant purchase requests and automated approvals.
Check out this video for some highlights of the Human Resources functionalities that support transparency, efficiency and adaptability.
SAP Business ByDesign for Project Management
Managing projects of any size and complexity is a breeze with SAP Business ByDesign.
- Project collaboration and monitoring: Execute more effective, profitable projects by fostering collaboration and enabling your teams to manage, deliver, and monitor projects in real-time.
SAP Business ByDesign for Procurement
SAP Business ByDesign empowers your team with self-service capabilities that save time and money, centralize supplier information, and negotiate better deals.
- Sourcing: Maintain a central database of supplier and product information so you can negotiate better prices and manage multiple supplier contracts.
- Purchasing: Streamline your business's purchasing activities and give buyers real-time information so they can negotiate better prices.
Check out this video highlighting the Procure-to-Pay process and how it can provide companies with greater sourcing effectiveness and procurement efficiency:
SAP Business ByDesign for Supply Chain Management
Navigate a complex, ever-changing supply chain with ease. Improve supply chain effectiveness and simplify customer and supplier collaboration with SAP Business ByDesign.
- Product development: Accelerate time to market and ensure product design meets customer specs.
- Supply chain management setup: Get a clear view of your supply networks and layouts for supply chain modeling.
- Planning and control: Control material flows with an exception-driven approach to procurement planning.
- Manufacturing, warehousing, and logistics: Produce high-quality products efficiently, manage production with ease, and automate related processes.
SAP Business ByDesign for Localization
SAP Business ByDesign supports businesses with international locations and operations. If your business operates across countries, particularly in Europe, SAP Business ByDesign allows multiple companies in multiple countries with multiple sets of books to reside in the same system simultaneously.
Value for Customers
The true value in SAP Business ByDesign for your business lies in a design that is both easy to use and extremely powerful. Your company is a team who need to work together to serve your customers. They all do different jobs, but each job relies on information that other functions have created or reported. Everyone needs to have a consistent view.
Your accounting team has to make sure the wheels of commerce keep spinning with money going in and out, and being reported on correctly. And of course, your executive team needs access to good information to plan with.
Your sales team needs to know how much inventory is in stock or, if it’s not in stock, when it will be. Your purchasing manager needs to know what to buy and, therefore, what the demand may be.
As you look at software for your business, you want to evaluate products that will offer the features you need now, and ones that you anticipate the need for in the future. For 99% of businesses, this means they don’t need to buy and install SAP’s enterprise S/4 HANA product. It’s too much product – too complex to implement and too expensive to run. SAP Business ByDesign is likely the right set of functionality at the right price.
Vision33 has hundreds of customers in manufacturing and distribution running SAP Business ByDesign. And within those sectors, we have deep expertise within food, hard goods and medical/life sciences products. But no ERP (enterprise resource planning)/accounting system can do everything for every type of business, so the core ERP system must allow other software to integrate with it or be easily customizable (or both). SAP, with their long history of creating adaptable software, designed SAP Business ByDesign to be both flexible and easy to integrate with.
SAP released the initial software development kit (SDK) for SAP Business ByDesign in 2004 and expands the integration points with every new product release, while making the integration tools easier to use.
Vision33 extended the integration capability of SAP Business ByDesign with our Saltbox Platform in 2019 and we partner with the leading SAP Business ByDesign industry solutions providers for:
SAP Business ByDesign for Manufacturing
The manufacturing industry is characterized by rapid changes and fierce competition. Manufacturing businesses must be agile and ready for changing conditions and opportunities. Your business needs streamlined operations, efficient production processes, and real-time information for critical decision-making. It’s the only way to gain agility, minimize costs, and win against competitors that rely on cheap labor.
The increased demand from consumers for more personalized products also requires manufacturers to be more flexible. More opportunities emerge to perform smaller, customized production runs, which requires manufacturers to have excellent visibility into their supply chain, lead time information, inventory levels, production capacity, and delivery capabilities.
There’s never been a greater need for an ERP solution like SAP Business ByDesign to increase visibility into every aspect of your manufacturing operations and solve your most demanding production challenges.
SAP Business ByDesign allows your manufacturing business to:
- Get real-time visibility into your entire manufacturing operation from start to finish
- Improve manufacturing efficiency
- Simplify channel and partner management to meet market demand
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty with a 360-degree view of customers
SAP Business ByDesign for Distribution
SAP Business ByDesign helps distribution businesses serve their customers better and run more efficiently.
The supply chain network is increasingly complex, and your customers want more choices, faster fulfillment, and lower prices. Distributors running SAP Business ByDesign meet these expectations by gaining a single, transparent view of their warehouse and distribution operations. Integrated functionality around financials, operations, CRM, inventory, and payroll allows them to deliver goods on time, boost customer satisfaction, and optimize inventory.
Your business may stock and ship hard or soft goods, food, or other items with complex serialization and lot tracking or may be a mix of drop ship, third-party logistics (3PL), and stock and ship. Whatever your distribution requirements, SAP Business ByDesign smooths your operations and improves your operating margin.
SAP Business ByDesign allows your distribution business to:
- Accurately forecast and meet demand
- Gain transparency into your entire supply chain
- Reduce operational costs while optimizing inventory levels and working capital
- Present one face to customers across your business, regardless of channel or region
SAP Business ByDesign for Life Sciences
Leading healthcare and pharmaceutical companies are adopting SAP Business ByDesign to improve the efficiency of business operations, increase employee productivity, and respond easily to market demands.
The software allows you to manage complex data and compliance with a single scalable product fit for small and midsized businesses in:
- Pharmaceutical development, production, and distribution
- Cosmetics development, production, and distribution
- Medical device and equipment manufacturing, distribution, and service
- Life sciences-related research and testing
With SAP Business ByDesign, your life sciences business can:
- Orchestrate global processes to align manufacturing operations in changing markets
- Meet strict regulatory requirements
- Ensure quality control
- Manage traceability and recalls
SAP Business ByDesign for Consumer Products
The retail experience is changing: Consumers no longer see a distinction between online and offline shopping. The buyer’s journey has gone beyond the store experience of selling products at a competitive price – it's now about delivering a seamless user experience at every customer interaction and successfully converting those into sales.
SAP Business ByDesign is the ideal ERP solution for businesses that sell apparel, footwear, specialty items, gifts, sporting goods, electronics and hard goods, books, spirits, specialty foods, and more.
SAP Business ByDesign allows your consumer products business to:
- Attract, engage, and convert customers
- Automate merchandise planning and forecasting, replenishment, and optimization
- Streamline omnichannel supply chains for greater efficiency
- Optimize inventory management, so you know what your customers need and when
SAP Business ByDesign is powerful software to grow your business. But you must deploy it correctly and train your team to use it to get the most out of it. Vision33’s team is certified and trained to help customers fully leverage the software.
Our services include:
- SAP Business ByDesign implementation management
- Vision33 TOTAL Care for ongoing support and training
- Custom solution development
- IT Services, including cloud deployment, hosting, and disaster recovery
- Global deployment team for large enterprise subsidiary rollout
SAP was founded in 1972 by five German engineers who worked for IBM in Mannheim, Germany. The name SAP comes from the abbreviation for Systemanalyse und Programmenentwicklung (‘systems analysis and program development’ in German).
By the 1990s, SAP had grown from start-up obscurity to the business software applications vendor of choice for nine of the ten largest U.S. corporations, one-third of the Fortune 500, seven of the ten largest Business Week Global 1000, and 80% of the Fortune 100 companies in software, computers, peripherals, and semiconductors. Today, SAP is a multinational enterprise headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, with over 101,000 employees worldwide.
The company’s integrated applications connect every part of a business into an intelligent suite on a digital platform, replacing process-driven, legacy platforms. Today, SAP has over 230 million cloud users, over 100 solutions covering all business functions, and the most extensive cloud portfolio of any provider.
Still have questions? Click here to view our page of frequently asked questions or here to contact us.